WORLD CUP OF DIPLOMACY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
About Us

Welcome to the forum WORLD CUP OF DIPLOMACY

Welcome to the forum WORLD CUP OF DIPLOMACY

The World Cup of Diplomacy is a team tournament for the game of Diplomacy. Find out more on the Forum.

Mal Arky, Site Admin

Go down

Mal Arky, Site Admin Empty Mal Arky, Site Admin

Post  Mal Arky Wed 31 Jan 2024 - 13:25

I can't ask people to introduce themselves without adding one myself, can I?

I'm Malcolm Arkwright (not my fault) and I'm the WCoD forum Administrator, which means I run and own the WCoD forum. I'm where the buck stops, I guess. I will also be the Tournament Director (TD) for the 2025 WCoD.

I've been playing Diplomacy, on and off, for more years than I'm going to admit. I've been writing about Diplomacy and the Hobby around it for fewer years, but still some time. I've just started writing a series of articles for "Diplomacy World", I used to publish a zine called "34" (which has a subzine for newbies called "Send Noobs") and I write two Diplomacy blogs. My main blog is The Diplomaticon and that contains my musings on the game of Diplomacy. It has a sister blog called Diplopups which is for novices to Diplomacy. I've discontinued my zines and uploaded all the published articles from "Send Noobs" to Diplopups; the articles from "34" are being uploaded onto The Diplomaticon.

I've also written a book on Diplomacy called "50 Tips for Playing Better Diplomacy". You can buy it by following the line. You even get to choose what you pay... sort of. I'm writing two more books, currently: "50 Tips for Better Diplomacy (in Diplomacy)" and "Power and Persuasion in Diplomacy"; the plan is for the latter to be published for free.

So, yeh, I'm a bit of a Dip nut, I guess.

I decided to launch the WCoD forum to give people somewhere specific to get details on the World Cup of Diplomacy. It was originally going to be put on my sister forum, Arena Diplomacy. But I thought (hope) the WCoD will get enough attention to require more space.

Feel free to ask me anything about the WCoD, about Diplomacy, or anything (I guess).

Hope you enjoy your time here.
Mal Arky
Mal Arky
Admin

https://www.world-cup-of-diplomacy.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum